This OpenChannel Sample app will help you get up and running with an app store proof-of-concept in just a few minutes.
Below we have a sample developer app submission and marketplace site built in Ruby on Rails and using the OpenChannel API. The sample allows a developer to manage, submit and edit apps for a marketplace while the marketplace allows a user to browse and install apps.
- Create an account at https://my.openchannel.io (if you don’t already have one)
- Download the sample, unzip it and navigate to the root directory
- Install the required dependencies:
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Log into your account at https://my.openchannel.io and get your API credentials from Settings -> API Credentials. Take the marketplaceId and secret and place them in the sampleapp/config/credentials.py file
- The developerId and userId is hard-coded to “1” for this sample. When integrating into your product, set the developerId to the unique id of the authenticated user that is creating the app
- Start the server:
python manage.py migrate python manage.py collectstatic python manage.py runserver
- You’re sample app is now running and can be accessed from http://localhost:8000