This OpenChannel Sample app will help you get up and running with an app store proof-of-concept in just a few minutes.
Below we have a sample developer app submission and marketplace site built in PHP/Laravel and using the OpenChannel API. The sample allows a developer to manage, submit and edit apps for a marketplace while the marketplace allows a user to browse and install apps.
This project requires the following to run:
- PHP >= 5.6.4
- Laravel >= 5.2
- A webserver where the user has writable permission granted for your ‘storage’ and ‘bootstrap/cache’ directories
To install the PHP sample:
- Create an account at https://my.openchannel.io (if you don’t already have one)
- Download the PHP/Laravel sample, unzip it and navigate to the root directory
- Log into your account at https://my.openchannel.io and get your API credentials from Settings -> API Credentials. Take the marketplaceId and secret and place them in the MARKETPLACE_ID and SECRET properties of the .env file
The developerId and userId is hard-coded to “1” for this sample. When integrating into your product, set the developerId to the unique id of the authenticated user that is creating the app.
- Run the command ‘composer install’ at directory root
- Run the command to execute ‘php artisan key:generate’