The Custom Gateway API along with webhooks allow a custom payment processing or billing system to be integrated with your OpenChannel marketplace. Payments must be enabled and ‘Custom’ must be selected as the gateway in order to use these API endpoints.
Unlike with other supported payment gateways, the Custom Gateway will not attempt to automatically enforce and process payments. Instead, you (the marketplace owner), will be responsible for implementing your own payment processing and billing system.
In order to keep OpenChannel synchronized with your system, simply use the Custom Gateway API methods to register when a payment or refund has been made for an app. That’s it! The only other implementation note is that when using the “Custom” gateway, the Install App API method will assume that payment has already been processed and that an ownership license for the app should be issued immediately.
As a result, implementation is as easy as:
- Install an app and create an ownership license by calling the Install App API method.
- Register a payment to keep your sales in sync with OpenChannel’s system using the Add Payment API method.
- Update the expiration date of the ownership if payment for the upcoming subscription period is successful.
- Register a refund to keep your sales in sync with OpenChannel’s system using the Add Refund API method.
- Uninstall an app and revoke an ownership license by calling the Uninstall App API method.