I want my sales team (or partner team, or technology team, etc…) to be able to invoice customers through our own billing process then install/uninstall apps for users when the deal has been.
- Our sales team has closed a deal with a customer for our “Big Data Reporting” integration licenses for $1200.
- Our partner team has agreed to setup a customer with a partner integration for free.
By selecting to use the “Custom Gateway” within https://my.openchannel.io under Settings -> Payments, you’re letting the OpenChannel system know that you will be using your own billing system for managing purchases and licensing. See our Custom Gateway Guide for more details.
Once setup with a custom Gateway, you are able to use the OpenChannel API to perform all the required actions:
- Install an app and create an ownership license by calling the Install App API method.
- Register a payment to keep your sales in sync with OpenChannel’s system using the Add Payment API method.
- Register a refund to keep your sales in sync with OpenChannel’s system using the Add Refund API method.
- Uninstall an app and revoke an ownership license by calling the Uninstall App API method.