The Marketplace API is a RESTful API that allows your server-side code to integrate with OpenChannel to query objects and perform operations for your marketplace on behalf of users and developers. The Marketplace API is divided into distinct sections:
- The Developer API is useful when building a portal for developers and partners to submit and manage their apps
- The User API is useful when building an app store for end users to install and launch apps
- The Payment API is useful when building payments into your marketplace
When performing requests, GET request parameters are always sent with URL query parameters. POST request parameters can be sent as either URL parameters or by specifying the contentType as ‘application/json’ and providing JSON in the request body.
- Sending a request as ‘application/json’ content-type requires parameters to be placed in a JSON object in the POST body
- Sending a request as ‘application/x-www-form-
urlencoded’ content-type requires parameters to be placed as a query string
Responses from the API are always formatted using JSON. Within this documentation there are examples of how to perform common functions. You can make API calls directly from your Management Dashboard by clicking the API button in the top left navigation menu.